Ever wondered about the origin of that term we casually toss around when sending a parcel of kindness?
The CARE Package is a symbol of hope and assistance. Did you know it all began with the groundbreaking efforts of CARE (Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere)? Back in 1946, it started when CARE sent out the world’s first package of compassion.
In the context of modern-day caregiving, the CARE Package has transformed into a structured system known as Home Care Packages (HCP). These packages come in various levels, each tailored to your specific needs. Among them is the Level 1 Home Care Package, a fundamental support system for individuals aiming to maintain independence within their homes.
If you or your dear ones have recently qualified for a Level 1 Home Care Package program, Auspire Care is prepared to navigate you through the process, fashioning a plan that aligns with your unique requirements and prioritising your well-being. Feel free to reach out to us to explore the possibilities and benefits of a Level 1 Home Care Package exclusively crafted for you.
Now, let’s delve into a comprehensive understanding of what the entry-level package encompasses.
Home Care Package Level 1
A Home Care Package Level 1 represents a government-subsidised support package available in Australia for older adults requiring basic level care and staying independent at home. Tailored for individuals with basic care needs, this package provides lower funding and support than higher-tier packages. As an entry level, it serves as a foundational support, ensuring that individuals receive the necessary assistance to lead fulfilling lives within the comfort of their homes.
What benefits can you get from the level 1 package?
The benefits collectively contribute to the goal of supporting older people in maintaining a high quality of life, promoting autonomy, and addressing their unique care requirements within the comfort of their own homes, which are:
- Independence at Home: Allows you to live independently by receiving care and support in the comfort of your own home, preserving a familiar environment.
- Personalised Care Plans: Offers tailored care plans that address your specific needs and preferences, ensuring that the support provided is individualised and meaningful.
- Cost-Effective Care: Provides a cost-effective solution for you with lower care needs, offering essential services without the higher costs associated with more intensive care packages.
- Flexibility of Services: Provides a flexible range of home care services, including personal care, domestic assistance, and social support, allowing for adjustments as your needs evolve.
- Social Well-Being: Promotes your social well-being by facilitating community engagement, companionship, and participation in social activities, which are crucial for mental and emotional health.
- Regular Assessments and Adjustments: Involves regular assessments by Aged Care Assessment Teams (ACAT) or Aged Care Assessment Services (ACAS) to ensure your care plans are periodically reviewed and adjusted based on changing requirements.
- Access to Allied Health Services: Provides access to allied health services, such as physiotherapy or occupational therapy, addressing specific health and mobility concerns to enhance your overall well-being.
Also Read: The Benefit Of Home Care For Disabled Adults
Nurturing Your Freedom: Tailored Level 1 Home Care Awaits You!
What Services are Included in a Level 1 Home Care Package?
Providing a holistic array of vital services, the package aims to assist individuals in various facets of daily life, ultimately elevating their well-being and overall quality of life. This home care package services encompasses:
- Personal care: Assistance with essential personal tasks such as bathing, grooming, dressing, and mobility.
- Domestic assistance: Help with light housekeeping duties, encompassing cleaning, laundry, and meal preparation.
- Social support: Support for engaging in social activities, companionship, and assistance with transportation for appointments or outings.
- Allied health services: Access to professional services like physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and podiatry if required.
- Home modifications: Implementation of minor modifications within the home to enhance safety and accessibility, such as installing grab rails or ramps.
- Aids and equipment: Provision of basic assistive devices or equipment to promote independence and improve mobility.
- Care coordination: Case management and coordination of care and services to ensure all the individual’s needs are effectively addressed.
What if you need more assistance?
If you require more assistance than what is provided under an HCP Level 1; you may be eligible for a higher-level package. In Australia, there are four levels of Home Care Packages, ranging from Level 1 to Level 4, with each level offering a progressively higher amount of funding and support.
Here’s a brief overview of the higher-level packages:
- Home Care Package Level 2: Level 2 offers more care, including personal care, nursing care, therapy services, home modifications, and assistive equipment.
- Home Care Package Level 3: Provides an intermediate level of care for those with moderate needs, including regular nursing support, personal care, and therapy services.
- Home Care Package Level 4: Provide high-level care needs for individuals with complex medical conditions or disabilities. This higher-level package offers significant nursing support, personal care, and specialised therapies, making them ideal for those who require complex care.
Level 1 Home Care Package Funding and Cost
1. Government Funding and Subsidies:
Once you have selected a suitable service provider, the Australian government provides a subsidy directly to your chosen home care provider to organise a package of care services that match your specific requirements. As per myagedcare.gov.au, the government subsidy for level 1 Home Care Packages is $10,271.10, which increases annually. The amount of subsidy you receive for your Home Care Package will depend on whether you need to pay an income-tested care fee.
2. Out-of-Pocket Costs for Recipients:
As recipients of care services, you may need to pay for a portion of the cost through an income-tested fee. The fee amount is determined based on the recipient’s income assessment, and those with higher incomes may be required to contribute more. According to myagedcare.gov.au, the maximum fee payable will be up to $35.95 from September 20, 2023.
What is income assessment?
An assessment for income is a process used to evaluate an individual’s or household’s financial situation and determine their capacity to contribute to the costs of certain services or programs. In the context of aged care services in Australia, including Home Care Packages, an assessment is conducted to assess an individual’s ability to pay the income-tested fee.
Basic Daily Fee:
All recipients of Home Care Packages are required to pay a basic daily fee, which is determined by the government. This fee, which will increase to a maximum of $12.53 from 20 September 2023, is applicable to all individuals receiving home care, regardless of their financial situation.
Optional Extra Services:
If you choose to receive additional services or upgrades beyond the standard offerings of their Home Care Package, they may incur extra costs for those services.
Note: An elderly individual requiring integrated services to facilitate staying at home or a younger person experiencing disability, dementia, or unmet care needs not addressed by other specialised services can qualify for assistance. Importantly, eligibility is not influenced by one’s financial situation.
How to Access a Level 1 Home Care Package?
To access a Level 1 home Care Package in Australia, individuals need to undergo a four-step process:
Begin by arranging an assessment through the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) or Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS). This assessment will evaluate your care needs to determine eligibility and the appropriate level of support required.
My Aged Care Registration:
My Aged Care serves as the central hub for accessing aged care services in the country. Register on the My Aged Care website or contact the My Aged Care contact centre. Provide essential information about yourself and your needs.
Take the First Step: Get Started
Wait for Approval and Package Allocation:
After the assessment and registration, you will be placed on a national priority list. Upon availability, an approval letter specifying the allocated Home Care Package level will be issued. It’s important to note that there may be a waiting period during which interim services may be provided.
Choose a Service Provider and Develop a Care Plan:
Select a preferred service provider to deliver the in-home care services. Collaborate with your chosen provider to develop a customised care plan tailored to your needs and preferences. This plan outlines the specific services and support that will be provided under the Level 1 Home Care Package.
Ready to enjoy tailor-made care? Contact Auspire Care today – where every call is a step towards a vibrant, independent, and fulfilling life at home. Receive home care packages that redefine the essence of living with quality care and support provided by our dedicated care team.